Everyone makes rice their own special way. In Marmaris, some make it “Marmaris Style”. Here is a local recipe if you want to do something different to your rice dishes. It’s quite nice and might be similar to a rice recipe you are already familiar with.
2 glasses of water (small water glass)
2 small water glasses of rice
2 small water glasses of chicken stock
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoon Teremyag (butter type margarine)
1 grated onion
3 tablespoon olive oil
1 grated carrot
1 stick of celery
2–3 tablespoon tomato paste
- The rice must sit in a bowl of salted water for 30 minutes. Then wash. Set aside.
- Boil the chicken stock and Teremyag.
- When the water boils add salt and add the rice. After it boils, turn the heat down to simmer until rice is cooked.
- Once cooked. Take the pot of rice off the burner and set aside.
- In a pan, add olive oil. Heat the oil well and add the onions. Once the onions are lightly browned, add the grated carrot and thinly sliced celery stalk.
- Add the tomato paste and cook until browned. If it is too dry add a bit of chicken stock.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. This sauce is then mixed with the rice and served.
Did you like our article? If yes, Click the share links for your favorite social network and/or leave your comments below! Thank you.